Originally posted on 12/30/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
wrong again, Sammy...it's a theory that's older than the semen stains in your boxer shorts...first of all, that is not a tip...secondly, it's called being contrarian...i.e. fading the public....but most importantly...it's a 50/50 proposition in the long run...no empirical data or concrete evidence to support it one way or the other...especially in today's internet age of advance computer models, algorithms, and the plethora of information available at our disposal...Vegas puts out a number to get equal action on both sides...you either take the points or you lay them...simple as that...I can't figure out why idiots on this forum have a hard time grasping this concept...they eventually make out in the long run because of the vig and/or juice...good luck, god bless, and Happy New Year!...
Sharp post.. Always gotta play the numbers, streaks, trends, match up comparisons, who's hot and who's not, etc. Can't go by feel, trap, or anything that seems mystical or you will lose over time.....

Although Sunday late games, Holiday late games, and sometimes even nationally televised late games I often like to take the dog, only in those rare situations will I go against normal capping logic and reason if I must bet.... It seems to work out more often then not, and even on the ML too....

Teams rebounding after an embarrassing loss theory can sometimes work too.. That works outside of normal capping logic..