Originally posted on 12/17/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
You're welcome? Some of us aren't broke hoes. TERRIBLE rules as there are still more than 15 bowls left and I assumed as long as I met those requirements we were good.

Bunch of crap if you ask me.

Whether the rules are "good" or not, they were spelled out pretty clearly so if you didn't follow them, well sorry but can't blame anyone but yourself for that.

And imo it's not crap at all - I would have waited to make my picks also (at least some of them) until nearer to the time of the game in case something happened (e.g. injury), and/or I could get a better idea who the experts preferred and so on. If some people were allowed to wait to pick on a certain game until right before it while others had to do so two weeks before, clearly the former people would have an advantage. By requiring everyone to pick by the same deadline, no one got an edge in that regard.

And imagine how chaotic it would be for them if everyone started picking at different times both compared to others and picking different games at different times (presumably right before any game they wanted). The smart thing to do is to do what they are doing: having everyone submit by same deadline in same format with all their picks at once.