Originally posted on 12/03/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
Taking less money away from business and middle income workers in the form of taxes is what you call trickle down?

Actually democrats and republicans have always agreed cutting taxes stimulates the economy.

I'm on two boards. What will happen first is cap spending will increase. The way the law is written will encourage upgrading plant, equipment, ect. will be the tip of the spending sword.

We hope wages won't go up but wages, as you once correctly stated, they are a product of competition for labor. You will see wages rise for at least the next few quarters.

It's like we discussed on how to grow the economy, the one your fellow libs avoided like the plague. This will spur economic growth over all sectors. Businesses and consumers have more money to spend and feel they are in a pro business atmosphere. And they are. Let's see what the next few quarters produce.
Yes. It is a trickle down tax cut. Those who benefit the most are corps and the rich.........again.

Reagan did it because we were in a recession. He had a reason to. There's no reason to do tax cuts now. The economy
is doing great. Corps are sitting on trillions of profit.

Trump and repubs are hell bent on a 3% GDP. Their main premise is IF we cut taxes, we MIGHT get a 3%. It MIGHT
keep companies from going overseas. Sounds like a whole lot of uncertainty to me. History has shown cutting taxes
on the rich results in debt.

Most corps don't pay that 38% anyway after deductions. Now they will get 20% and still have their deductions.
So instead of paying zero, they will get money back. Corporate welfare.

While the general public will get a tax cut amounting to $7.50 to $20 a week in tax breaks. Wow!

In order to pay for the lost revenue, they will be going after welfare, medicare, food stamps and SS, but will increase
defence spending, keeping us in wars, keeping us in perpetual debt.

I will be outside with my pants down with my non deductible vasoline at the ready, because they are too cheap to
buy the lube for us.