Originally posted on 11/30/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by puffkit View Post
i think we should start calling him 'jerry garrett' (although lombardi's 'the clapper' is great).......he's just a vehicle for jerry to 'coach' the team HIS way. there is no way jerry can give up the spotlight/credit to anyone else (see jimmy johnson + parcells) and i don't see how this ever changes (ex/ see dan snyder)
I finally made my way over to watch the Las Vegas Golden Knights on Tuesday, and of all things ended up sitting next to an attorney from Dallas who is a season ticket holder for both the Cowboys and the Dallas Stars. We spent much of the evening talking about the inner workings of what is going on around the various franchises in that city, and he was rather empathic about just what you have said - he does not believe that Garrett's job is in jeopardy because it is a relationship in which Jones has the control he wants. Should he fire Garrett, he may find himself much like the University of Tennessee is right now, not finding many quality candidates that want to put themselves under that microscope.