Originally posted on 11/20/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Champthinks View Post
1 additional fact according to my Marc Lawrence some how E. Carolina is 11-0 ATS vs.Memohis . Last 11 times they met .
Rather remarkable . and the main reason I locked in a big dog early rather than waiting .
Do you know when the last time East Carolina played Memphis was? How about 2012, when an 8-4 East Carolina team was 17 point chalk against a 4-8 Memphis team. This is what I call a "trap" stat, and Lawrence uses them a lot. You are looking at a stat that is very old. IMO, experts would tell you to ignore the stat because of it's age. I've seen many stats like that posted by touts, who go the other way when they actually wager on the game. Here are some important stats about that game. First, it is being played in Memphis. Second, Memphis will play in the AAC Championship game. A win there could put them into the Peach Bowl IF they impress the committee, who loves Boise State, even at two losses. Third. Stealing a page out of Mark's magazine, East Carolina is 3-18 off a Double Digit S/U win vs conference opponent. IMO, that more than offsets an 11 game winning streak that saw the last win come 5 years ago.