Originally posted on 10/14/2017:

Below you can see the reply from Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). If you have used Neteller to deposit to 90dakika or another bookmaker which did not pay you, you should send a complain to FCA also. Neteller has to protect customers' money and they are not allowed to process money for illegal gambling operations or to provide services to merchants who commit financial crimes. Neteller has to freeze the account of the gambling operators which scammed innocent people and have used Neteller to receive money from these clients.

Thanks for your email and the additional information we've received. My name's Andy and I'm responding on behalf of my colleague Pete. I understand you'd also like to bring to our attention your concerns regarding Neteller and 90dakika.com, and other firms you've said Neteller process payments for.

Our rules

Where you've asked about the responsibilities of the firm, we have rules in the FCA Handbook in Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls (SYSC) 6.3 which refer to financial crime. We also have guidance for firms to follow in order to reduce the risk that they might be used to further financial crime. Where you've said Neteller are processing transactions for the firms, Principle 2 says a firm should conduct its business with due skill, care and diligence.

What we'll do

Where you've asked us to intervene, we won't be able to tell you what we do with the information you've given as that's confidential. However it's gratefully received as it will be used to monitor the firm and assess whether they've adhered to our rules and guidance.

Your next steps

If you're aware of other consumers who have similar concerns, please refer them to the 'Contact us' page on our website. Also, kindly provide the postcode and web address for Neteller so that we can identify the correct firm on our Financial Services Register and the log the information you've given against them.

I hope this information is useful and thanks again for contacting us.

Yours sincerely,

Andy Gill

Customer Contact Centre
Financial Conduct Authority
Consumer Helpline 0800 111 6768
Website www.fca.org.uk
Email consumer.queries@fca.org.uk