Originally posted on 09/24/2017:

I watch many games with my dad... a Marine who served in Vietnam. He and his wife love having Browns watch parties for the family at his house every weekend. He proudly hangs his POW flag, the American flag and his Browns flag on the front of his house every Sunday. He's a democrat... I'm a republican. My sister and her husband who is black and served in the Army are also a democrats. We all come together almost every weekend to watch our sorry Browns play. We don't talk politics. The unity for my family is strong enough to realize we all share common feelings about the respect we have for our country and those who served.

We are all pissed about the arrogance of these out of touch men thinking they are trying to unify by doing this crap. And my dad is especially pissed he has put his heart and soul into Sunday's year after year after year for family and football and now he has to witness the league and its players publicly shitting on him and the country he served and what he stands for and essentially ruining the true meaning behind Sunday's with family and football. In our eyes football will never be the same again. It's truly one of the most, if not the most disappointing moments in sports entertainment history. His grandkids... my kids, also have to witness this shit. What a horrible example they're setting for the youth of today... a true travesty of what the Anthem is intended to represent before sporting events.