Originally posted on 09/21/2017:

The Houston Texans and New England Patriots will be enemies on Sunday but on Wednesday, the two came together. Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, who has been a one-man wrecking crew in piling up relief efforts for Hurricane Harvey and the disaster that swept through the area earlier in the month, received a $50,000 donation from Patriots head coach Bill Belichick and $100,000 more from quarterback Tom Brady.

“Incredibly kind gestures,” Watt said in his Periscope video. “It just goes to show what kind of people they are. Despite everything — playing a game against each other and having a practice against each other…for them to step up in a time like that and just help their fellow human is pretty special, and I think it speaks volumes to their character. So I’m very appreciative of that, obviously, and I think that the way both of them went about it, as well, just kind of quietly behind scenes. I don’t think that they even meant for it to get out. So, just good people. Much appreciated, for sure.”

Watt has already accounted for more than $37 million, which is incredible given he originally set a $200,000 benchmark. He’s gradually increased the number and has received more than 200,000 separate donations from celebrities, fellow athletes, the common folk and everyone in between.

“If there is one thing that I have taken away from these last few weeks, it is the reassurance of how much good is out there in our world,” he said in a statement last week. “When times are the toughest, humanity stands at its strongest and you have all helped to prove that emphatically.”