Originally posted on 09/06/2017:

boobywaves has no idea what slowrolling is. Not even possible to properly slowroll online but this guy will tell you he does it all the time like it's something to be proud of

Definition of a Slow Roll and why it’s a Big Breach of Poker Etiquette

By Steve Beauregard
A slow roll is perhaps the ugliest, most egregious breech of poker manners and etiquette possible. It’s a shameful display of unsportsmanlike behavior conducted by only the least likeable, most despicable, dumb and insecure human beings we have the unfortunate distinction of sharing space on this Earth with.

Have I been unclear?
The definition of slow rolling is multi-faceted, but basically it occurs at the showdown of a hand, when the winning player deliberately, and intentionally, turns his two cards over slowly, as a subtle way to “rub it in” the losing player’s
While perhaps making the slow roller feel good about himself for a minute or two, a slow roll is a mean act that creates a bad vibe at a poker table, making the game less fun for all involved.
Even poker players with less than stellar reputations when it comes to good manners despise the slow roll. No less than professional poker player Mike “The Mouth” Matusow has said, “It’s the most disgusting thing you could ever do. I’ve never slow rolled a person in my life. And I never will.”
Some experienced poker players consider a slow roll to occur only when the winning player is holding “the nuts,” or, the best hand possible.

Most other folks, however, consider it to be a slow roll whenever a player senses he has won, and pauses, or slows, the revealing process in order to milk his win. This is done to either showboat himself, or denigrate his opponent.
Ironically, it’s always the slow roller who ends up looking bad.