Originally posted on 08/08/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
that's true, their sales/profits have been crazy... but why would anyone pay 60 times peak earnings for a fad company? and yes, mining crypto currencies/self-driving cars/ai/etc is a fad, those things are going to look totally different 10 years from now, let alone 60
Nvidia is far from a fad company. They are leading the way in chip technology There GPU simulates human intelligence which should not be taken for granted. Their GPU's are the brains of computers being used everywhere. By determining complex problems it helps humans to think more broadly and imaginatively.

Things like autonomous robots are here to stay. They are doing the job of 10 workers, they don't take breaks, don't need lunch, won't go on strike and can work 24/7. I work with several companies that use them in data centers. They can detect glitches in code, can act as customer service reps (you think you're talking to a live human but it's a computer), can run security surveillance, etc. AI data is the next big thing where the computer does the analytics faster and more accurate than we do. IBM Watson for example looks at gazillions gobs of data in order to make the right choices. I'm looking to use it to do much of the up front work I do in my business now. It basically can replace me on menial tasks but should open up other opportunities to create/innovate. It means more people out of jobs if they can't reinvent themselves to troubleshoot these machines in the future. Things like Drone technology has exploded the last few years in all kinds of applications. Crypto currencies aren't going anywhere, nor will the mining rigs needed. We're really in the beginning stages of this smart computer revolution. You're going to see many things we use become smarter. You can talk to just about any cell phone for directions or to look up information. Self driving cars may seem far off and far fetched to some but it's coming and people will buy. Imagine driving from LA to San Diego where you can conduct business while your car is doing the driving for you in traffic. You may not be the first guinea pig to try it but most of us will eventually.

You can't go back on technology. You can only go forward. Nvidia is dominating this space like Amazon dominates online shopping.