Originally posted on 06/22/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
I see what you're saying. Yeah I don't mean fancy houses to just sit on. Gotta do something with them.

Still crazy that I don't understand, if you have a 100 mil contact, you should be able to live in a 5 mill house and not care
Watch the 30 for 30 "Broke." 100 mill contract is never 100 mill. Especially in the NFL. Nobody needs a 5 million dollar house...ever. Ricky Henderson framed a million dollar check and didn't cash it. The club's accountant had to call him to see why the check hadn't cleared. You are dealing with highly competitive 1% ers in the athletic department who, for the most part, are coming from disadvantaged backgrounds with little to no financial knowledge. The problem is they have enormous egos, so like mac said, they nod and say yeah, yeah when people try to school them. Then, when they do get taken by a hustler or a "financial adviser," they don't tell anyone. There is always the illusion that they have more money than they actually do. NFL players should rent an apartment/condo until they get a fat guaranteed contract. Most of that needs to be in the market and bonds so that they can live off the interest for the rest of their lives. As far as real estate goes, plenty of people got absolutely buried by the '08 crash. Hard to sit under water on a multi million dollar mansion with property taxes and all the costs of maintaining a home that you live at part time.