Originally posted on 06/19/2017:

I thought about investing in land and properties down there right after Katrina hit.. They were giving land away, today that land would have paid off big time..

The fact that any land bought near or around the New Orleans area is below sea level and with the threat of global warming pending (seas rising, more hurricane activity) that alone gave me cold feet..

I still wish today that I would have bought some of that bank owned swampy crap land right after Katrina hit especially near or around the French quarter..

Money making note I'd like to share -

Remember people, one mans disaster can often mean another mans riches in the aftermath.. I basically got rich off the LA riots here in California, I also know people that got filthy rich after the North Ridge earthquake here also..

Smart investors bought earth quake damaged apartment buildings that were red tagged and vacant from the bank (REO's) and struck gold, pennies on the dollar... Fixed them backed up and rented them and made a fortune right after the Northridge earthquake..

Apartment owners walked as their buildings were red tagged and vacated right after the quake.. Banks then took back those damaged properties as the loans were being defaulted on.... Banks rather then fixing those damaged properties sold those vacant buildings for less then land value as is.. It took an investor maybe $100,000 to retrofit and fix those buildings to make them all rent ready and legal again.. Huge and massive profits were made..

Most investors at the time were afraid another earth quake would hit and got shy like I did with Katrina..