Originally posted on 06/09/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Same as our chat, neither Slanina (above) or I mentioned the qualifications. Just how well the team finals format worked. Not sure why you insist on replying with the same whiney downer about quaiis every time it's mentioned. Everyone gets it. Its been posted 1000+ times over years that you and others dont like a long quali period.

Is it not possible for anyone to point out how good the finals format is and how much people seemed to enjoy it without you wanting to talk about this other subject instead each time?

You and Rudy need to go find a quiet spot you can cry and be depressed together.

Pretty rude of you frankly. I simply am trying to give constructive suggestions for how to improve the format for everyone involved, and you call it whining/crying? Whatever.

And I am talking about the format of the World Cup in general - it is impossible to evaluate the overall format without examining ALL aspects of it, not just the Finals. If you bother to read what I wrote instead of refusing to accept some constructive suggestions, I even said the format of the Finals would be great if other aspects improved - again you can't evaluate a product with looking at all aspects of it.

Take the NFL season for instance which is 16 games long. If they extended it to 50 games, I have a feeling most people (especially the players) would not like that. However, the Super Bowl this past year was amazing - would the NFL just tell people to not give constructive criticism about their product because the "Finals" (namely the Super Bowl) was awesome?

Anyway, I'm done with this. I'm happy to have constructive debates with reasonable people for trying to improve things, but clearly if your response is any indication, SBR does not want such suggestions - just want to dismiss anyone who disagrees with anything as being a whiner. And that's fine - it is their site, and they can do what they want.