Originally posted on 03/01/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
I don't really get the issue. If you have a problem with the minimum buy-in levels, take it up with SBR. Otherwise people can buy-in for that amount and you're free to choose not to play. I buy in for various rollover amounts and leave when I'm done because I'm not going to spend hours playing cash games for the equivalent of pennies. I try to be efficient with my rollovers and not waste time. Tournaments are actually more fun for me so I'm more willing to spend a couple hours in a tournament if I make it deep.

Those of you who act superior about buying in full for 3/6 points games and playing for hours... really shouldn't. If it's fun for you then great, but acting like you're a badass and berating others when you're playing "high stakes" games for points is kind of pathetic. Just my opinion
I think the 50x BB rule is a good idea.

I am guilty of jumping in on 3/6 tables to get a quick rollover but I can see BigOrange's concerns.

If you don't get the issue, let me explain how I perceive them.

First - jumping in on a higher stakes table with a minimum rollover is not "efficient". Generally the other players will pick your pocket.

Second - If you do reach the rollover, by your own admission, you leave. Being a hit and run player is just poor poker etiquette despite your ability to leave.

Third - Players with an adequate bankroll are there to play poker. If you have two or three players with SBR minimums, the game becomes bingo. All in is the general strategy when the limits are so high. It takes the fun out of playing.

Fourth - If I go to a table, irregardless of the limits, and I am told politely to leave, I would honor the request. I would assume the two want play HU.

I don't have that many chips right now and when I do, I never act "superior".

I can understand your frustrations but look at it from the others point of view. They are trying to have fun but keep getting interrupted by guys constantly intervening with hit and runs. When I try to get a quick and easy rollover at a table I have no business playing, I make sure I stick around awhile and actually play even though the rollover is met.

I rarely, I mean very rarely, criticize others unless it's in jest. I am not criticizing you but I have one bit of advice that you may want to consider....

just because use you can do something, doesn't mean you should.

GL at the tables.