Originally posted on 01/21/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
I really like the idea of Russia and America teaming up and working together to better both Countries.. We've had such a bad and strained relationship over the decades now.. Are the Russians reasonable and friendly we will see in time even though our intel agencies say they are not..
I can't tell if you are serious? Why would the US team up with Russia? What can Russia do for us that we can't do for ourselves?

The US does not want Russia to be a world power, so neither should you if you are American. Russia is a direct threat to our democracy. It is not in our best interests for Russia to gain control or relationships of significant regions which put us at risk especially energy revenues/control. There is a strategic reason for us to have sanctions against Russia. There has been a continuous mistrust of Russia since WWII. They are not our friends. They are not reasonable or friendly. The people of the US and Russia don't have anything to fight over but those in power on both sides have zero trust in each other. If you are American, there shouldn't even be a second thought as to why you should not want them to succeed as a country.

Let me give you one example of Russia's state sponsored terror. I work with several major US companies. Do you know the biggest concern they have RIGHT now? Threats, hacks, attacks directly from Russia. Our companies are being attacked by the thousands every single day and the biggest culprit is Russia. They are doing it to disrupt US business. Is your head in the sand? Do you not know how many companies have had their data compromised??? Do you know the impact on resources? This is not some kid in his mothers basement. These are organized attacks directly from the Kremlin. Now we had an election hacked as well and many of you laughed and chuckled as Russia gave us the middle finger.