Originally posted on 12/17/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
I agree with your premise that their actions lack consistency however, they did the right thing by expelling the two students singing those songs. That kind of bullshit cannot be tolerated ever.

OU should have however also expelled Mixon from the school.

Why they didn't we will likely disagree on, but I think it's because he's a star football player, not because he's black. I don't believe there is any incentive for Boren and OU to let him stay enrolled just because he's black. There is a huge incentive however to let him stay enrolled and play football.

Either way, they fukked up by not getting rid of Mixon. It happens every year at all the big schools too. There is a double standard in how star football players are treated and what they can get away with relative to the ordinary student.
Nope, we agree. I was more pointing out the hypocrisy in how universities, which are supposed to be inclusive and foster positive environments for higher learning, treat athletes in a real world, business sense and treat other students completely different.

I was at Iowa State when this piece of shit beat up two students, and stole their cell phone, so they couldn't call the cops. http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-home/4409295/ He was an NFL caliber talent, so they welcomed him back. Nothing emboldens the entitlement culture of big time athletes than when they get away with shit time after time. College is supposed to help you learn life lessons...OU failed miserably in this instance.