Originally posted on 12/08/2016:

You guys should take the info given on these various threads and bet how you prefer.

I found this site several years ago, and starting many years before that I started taking a run at it from time to time, only to eventually lose, as most do. I would then sit out a couple years and dip my toes back in the water. Each time I've been more choosy and each time I find myself placing fewer of those "I knew I shouldn't have" bets. Last time I broke even after a few months and quit. The "entertainment" not worth the stress to me or my family.

I have been off here for a few years and just came back in a couple weeks ago. Kids are grown up and will be moved out in a few months, so here I am chilling and just having fun with it. No big stakes, few worries. I opened a 5Dimes account with $100. Ran it up to $160, then down to $60, then back up to $110. That's when I got back in here. I tailed a few of the wrong guys, started some of those bad habits again, and drained it down to $1.53. My bank denied the $100 I tried to put back in (guess they didn't realize where the $ was going the first time), so I said to hell with it, until I get that straightened out I'm going to really concentrate on making one good play per day. I bet my $1.53 on one game I really liked and won. Did that three more times and won, then started splitting it up a little. Took that $1.53 and turned it into $46, got stupid and down to $15. Now back up to $37. All in the last 2 1/2 weeks. When I was 22 years old I was betting up to $3000 per game with $500 rr parlays and it made me physically sick. This last couple weeks making $35 has been far more rewarding and enjoyable. I am tailing GG on all threads, phatdaddy204 on football, and using my own best picks.

The point is find something that works for YOU. If you go to covers, the guys who win all the contests and have the highest net units won bet almost all the games and try to hit 55%. I don't know whether or not they do well in other contests, but that's what wins. At the same time the guys who are still here and consistently win across multiple sports or from year to year seem to only put out 1-3 picks per day, like GG. Look at his bottom line. pretty damn good. Maybe a compromise would be to find the right guys to tail in the right sports, and tail for 3-5 units apiece, but also if you want the action, bet the rest of the board at 1 unit each. Just an idea.