Originally posted on 10/27/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
Hi all, I'm fairly new to sports betting and I have a few questions after looking over this system and thread.

1) Wallco, how did you come up with this system? Or a more general question, how does anyone come up with a system like this? For example, for v1, did you just think to yourself "hmm perhaps it is profitable to bet against teams that have been on a 3 game winning streak because streaks aren't sustainable / players get tired" and then start testing it? Or is there more to it?

2) Is this system something of a perfect version, or could minor tweaks yield unknown (perhaps even more profitable) results? For example, adjusting v1 or v2 to look for winning / losing streaks of 2 or 4 rather than 3. Or adjusting the amount of games we chase a profit (from 3 to X). Or perhaps not counting a shootout win towards a win streak, just as a wacky example.

3) What are the chances sports books have seen this thread and are now adjusting their odds to make this system less profitable?

4) What are the chances there are very simple "systems" out there that are profitable? As some nutty examples that probably aren't profitable (but in my mind, could be): Betting on every underdog listed above +130 all season long, or betting on every team whose previous game was a shutout, or betting on every team whose previous game was a win as an underdog, etc.

Sorry if my questions are dumb, but again I'm new and I'm trying to get a grasp of how everything works. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gadzooks View Post
Posts like this is what keeps this BS going. I thought everything was going to be over-with at post #5482. But nope. I also had no plans to post on this topic again after #5506, until your brilliant post.

Then again this entire silly thing would have never started if my questions were taken seriously to begin with. I came in here politely seeking simple answers from people who I guessed would be the most qualified to answer, but turns out handling that like a human being was too difficult for them. So yes I called them out and would again ten times out of ten.
OK, let's analyze and give "simple" answers to these questions that he, himself, calls dumb, but still wants serious responses to. Hopefully this will get him on his way to further research.

1.) Rephrased: Why are we born? Does each one of us have our own individual mission in this world for which divine happiness is the end result?

Gosh, that is a tough one, and simple by no means. Even when the Lord came to me to share the criteria for the NHL Gold System, this topic was never discussed. I did ask him, but he quickly pivoted to the "teach people to fish" topic, which at the time made no sense, but now clearly does. Perhaps a bishop, cardinal, or even the pope himself, would like to chime in here to help solve this dilemma. Are there any clergy in the thread?

2.) See question above.

Yes, there are lots of tweaks to this system that would make people more money. But I deliberately left them out because I don't want the system to be too successful, or make too much money. We don't want to make ALL the profit in this thread, we want to save some of the winnings for the other systems in this forum. The thirteen suggestions you made can all be tested by you, in your free time, in the "gadzooks systems of the week" thread which I so generously set up for you. But be careful what you find, because no one in here will be very pleased if they make more money.

3.) See question above.

I felt 63:1 was a very fair estimate, although it is probably more like 66:1. But I was just being conservative. Perhaps you can call Vegas and get a more accurate assessment, or better yet, avoid asking such stupid questions in the future if you don't want stupid answers.

4.) Rephrased: Do you think there is life on other planets? Do you think they have the capability of seeing us from where they are? Do I sound like I came from one of these places?

Well, yes you do. And yet another example of what you can do in the "gadzooks systems of the week" thread.

I hope this clears everything up. I probably should have read these questions a little more thoroughly the first time, and realized their importance to this thread. I will get right to work on testing every theory presented here, and will get back to everyone the second I am done.