Originally posted on 10/27/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by lolz_69 View Post
"It's so hard to be rich, famous, and talented!

Let's forgive him for committing stupid actions and ruining the lives of everyone around him!"

Guess he found out he wasn't so invincible after all. Most humans are smart enough not to go as far in testing the limits as he did, athlete or not.
Don't act like when you were younger, you just sat around and read books all day. Everybody wants a thrill now and then.

From 17-25, I pretty much did every dumb thing possible to get myself in huge trouble and/or harm or kill myself. I jumped in the Mississippi River, went after a homeless guy that pulled out a knife on me, slid into a 10 ft ditch because I was speeding and changing a CD, got shot at twice, pepper-sprayed a big time drug dealer on his shirt then knocked his chair over because he kept saying rude shit to my girlfriend, challenged 4 Hawaiians to a fight in a bad part of Hawaii (they could have eaten me), let my drunk friend throw an ice pick at my head, I'm sure I'm missing some things. Should have died in Mexico years later too, forgot that one. And I'm sure this is tame by some people's standards here at SBR, especially the drug users, which I thankfully avoided that land-mine.

I was a sheltered kid, I overcompensated and I had some rage issues. I was still a good, thoughtful person that would have broken my mom and dad if I died, but in the moment, especially if you've avoided disaster before, it just doesn't register at the time.

I was and still am "the responsible one" in my group of friends.

We all do dumb shit, we're all lucky to have survived such bone-headedness. Some just don't get as lucky.