Originally posted on 10/09/2016:

opiates... Hard to even explain, describe, etc. to those who haven't experienced it. I wish so bad that when I went to my first treatment center that I did not let them prescribe me subuxone, which became subutex, which became methadone. The withdrawals from any of them especially methadone, are insane. It takes 6 weeks to recover from any opiate replacement cold turkey. If your broke: where do you go? how do you do it? Need the chemicals to be able to get through the workday. It's a downward spiral, vicious circle, an infinite regress to hell.

Wanted to go to get ibogaine but don't have the money for it and also found it doesn't work on long acting opiates (buprenorphine
& methadone hcl) so it's moot. Some say take lsd to get off (suggested on here actually), some say to get back to iv heroine and then withdrawal off it because it's a shorter detox, and some say to just titrate off the methadone. None of these options are all that great.

Won a seat to the Punta Cana classic and the $5k package off a freeroll a couple months ago on ACR and couldn't go because I would get sick. Can't travel because I'm shackled to the clinic. Really just want to go to a detox center and get rid of this once and for all. If you miss even one day of a dose, feels like being trapped in a culvert where panic has you wide awake but physiology has you constrained.

Getting started on opiates is the worst decision anyone can make. They are so deceptive and have no comedown like other drugs. It's just that once hooked, it's incredibly hard to live without them. None of this is new information or anything special. Just nice to know other people are going through it and I'm with you. Don't ever shoot H, it's too good and too bad and too dangerous. Hope you keep up the good fight so your there for yourself and others who need you. There's so much to life out there. There's a good life out there. We are lucky to live in this country. An addiction to drugs detracts the gift we've been given.