Originally posted on 08/19/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
Are you seriously this fukkin stupid? Jesus.

A President, as well as a Presidential candidate, bring a lot of press when they visit areas like this. TV, radio, newspapers etc all cover these visits. In case you haven't noticed, there's been very little coverage of this massive flooding by the press. The more people who are able to see the massive devestation that these communities have suffered, the more help they can receive. The more coverage this gets, the more money they get. Pretty simple.

Sorry you're so disenchanted that you're ok with the shit job Obama has done representing this country. Personally, I'm embarrassed that he's our commander in chief.
Like I asked you? Have you been here? Are you aware of the situation? Do you realize that this is still a search and rescue operation? Unless Obama and the press are coming in with rescue boats and can provide temporary housing their presence is not really wanted. People need housing RIGHT NOW. They need MONEY RIGHT NOW. There's no available places for people to stay, no places to rent. People need cash, not some entertainer, actor, athlete, political person with an agenda.

Your blame game is stupid. What are you doing? Who have you taken in? How much money have you sent? Do you need me to send you a link to send money? What's embarrassing is that you have the nerve to blame others for a natural disaster, yet you won't do ANYTHING to help. Why create a thread criticizing Obama? Why not create a thread on relief effort and how to help?