I think BP wanted to be a new kind of book, with greater 'feel' with the public. I don't remember every detail, but that's what BP, the poster, seemed to convey when he began posting here regularly. At this point it looks like he realizes that there's a reason why shops like Pinnacle and 5Dimes don't communicate with players. Those shops run a very tight ship, know their business inside out, and will give a quick, to-the-point explanation in case of a misunderstanding. Beyond that, there is no discussion.

BP, the family of books, hasn't been without mistakes. Very few businesses are. What is important to me is how they dealt with mistakes, such as in the BetOT case (if I remember the book correctly). That new book messed up, and BP paid all players. As to experience, BP is not new. They were Asia-facing before.

This forum has turned into zombieland, especially after the betpoints system was introduced (and attracted people that would be attracted by that). When a book is generous, they're irresponsible and must be going broke soon. When a book changes their lineset for college ball to protect their bottomline, they must be in trouble. If they would not adjust it, they wouldn't see how easily they were getting picked off. When a book loses a senior linesmaker, they must be doomed (because it's too hard to monitor the board). As far as I can see, BP is still open to a personalized relationship, and is open to negotiating details, but you have to go after that yourself. As far as this forum, they may have learned their lesson. Open communication here only backfires. How could it not when people with five minutes of reading about the industry can get the same attention as people with fifty years in the industry? Communication based on that type of disparity is just a waste of time.