Originally posted on 07/22/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
Over is 4-0 in Darvishs last 4 starts with 5 days of rest.
Over is 5-1 in Duffys last 6 starts on grass

If Duffy is on grass again today, this game is bound to be high scoring & go over.
The game is at the K, so yes the game is on grass, Royals infield and outfield is Kentucky Blue grass.

Royals haven't faced Darvish since 2014, Darvish has started only four games this year (injuries)
Hasn't seen the sixth inning in any start yet because he walks the park, 4 starts - 20 innings (5 innings avg. per start) 10 walks.
Stingy with hits (14) control all over the place, if this holds true to form, Texas will have to go to the bull pen for four innings, and Texas 'pen is pretty leaky,

Duffy is not hard to figure out, throws left, and left handed batters can't touch him, never have, never will, which is why managers stack right handed batter when Duff pitches. Duffy holds RH batters to .245, but gives up a shit load of homers to them.

This is that Texas has versus LH pitching as right handed hitter.

Desmond (R) vs. LHP .402 97 AB 5 HR

Andrus (R) vs. LHP .368 76 AB

Rua (R) vs. LHP .338 71 AB

Beltre (R) LHP .337 86 AB 4 HR
Beltre is one of the greatest lefty killers of my generation, dude has been crushing lefties his whole career, 19 years in the majors, just a tick under .300 LIFETIME vs LHP, with over 100 LIFETIME bombs.
I know this first hand, as a former scholastic right handed batter, (ask any right hand batter that played the game) facing left handed pitchers is no easy chore. I have nothing but respect for Beltre.

Odor hits LHP well, but he bats left.

Texas leads the majors in team avg .286 versus LHP, and the power numbers are near the top as well.

While KC may only scratch a run or two from Darvish, they should exploit that not so good Rangers bull pen.

Total is 7.5 and I endorse your over bet here.