Originally posted on 04/18/2016:

Really liking Syndergaard tonight.
Can't stand the prick, or the Mets, Mets look like the best money line on the board at -180, I wouldn't lay -180 in any April meaningless game, unless his name was Bob Gibson but I was in diapers in 1968.

However, since the Mets are on the road, and it is Philly, who (like I said in March) is not as bad as people think they are going to be, even though their bull pen is just flat out putrid.

Anyway, like I said Mets on the road, with the superior pitcher and line up, I might lay the 1.5 runs, because the Mets get a ninth inning at bat against a suck ass bull pen.

Syndergarrd (I need to remember there are 2 'a's and 2 'r's in Syndergaard) faces off against Jerad Eickhoff tonight.

Eickhoff is actually pretty good, had him targeted as a sleeper in the NFBC nationals, but got beat a round early.
Eickhoff got called up last August made 4 September starts, went 3 and 1, ERA of 1.50 an ratio of 0.97as a starter), and struck out 49 in 51 innings in 2 months. And heads turned.

The Mets dinged him two weeks ago, gave up 5 hits, 2 earned runs, 2 walks in 5, in a 7-2 loss.
Pitched a gem his last time out, 7 shut out innings vs. SD.

There are so many wagering options on this game it gives this here numbers geek a woody.
I'm sporting wood so hard right now the cat could not scratch it.
I got cat scratch fever I tell you what?

Option 1. I think it's going to be a pitchers duel early, I could bet the under 3.5 first five innings.
Thought it over and passed (because of park and weather factors)

Option 2. Which I am considering, betting the Phils first five at +.5 runs at +105
If I made that bet, I am getting a good pitcher going against a very good pitcher, at home, getting 1/2 run and getting +105 return.
I get a bottom of the fifth inning at bat, and if it's 2-2 end of five, I win.
How sweet is that?
I've had relative success with bets with the same scenario in the past.

Option 3.
Explained before above, Mets run line -110.
Mets get the sure ninth inning at bat against a brutal bull pen.

Option 4:
Game total over 7.
The winds are calm, but it really is a hitters ball park.
I know the starters are good, what about the Phils bullpen though?
They are good for a couple of runs coughed up.
Nothing like a solid under bet going down the toilet because of a bunch of gas can hamburgers getting lit up in the eight or ninth.

This is how I just locked it in.
Now for those of you who are into arithmetic accountability
I had on play yesterday, it won. That was the Mets under game.
It won me 200 US dead presidents (that's 200 dollars Mike)
That was the 18th game I posted this year as a play.
I won 13 of them said ball games, and lost 5 of them.
I am up 2403 dollars so far this season, and if you are wondering about that arithmetic,
well I won several + money games for 3*, when you win games at +130 x 3 = 390, your
bankrolls grows. That's how arithmetic works Mike.

So, like I said 13 and 5 +2403 for the season, I really don't know how much longer I can sustain it, but who knows.

Mets / Phils over 7 runs 2*
Mets run line -1.5 runs, 2* reduced juice 5D

Ticket Accepted Date Risk To Win Status Wager
373170244-1 4/18/16 3:30pm $220.00 $200.00 Pending 4/18/16 7:05pm Reduced Baseball 951 New York Mets -1½ -110* vs Philadelphia Phillies (N Syndergaard - R must Start J Eickhoff - R must Start)