Originally posted on 04/02/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by Defying View Post
I have limited knowledge of the law, but I'm not sure this is true that you could ever be prosecuted for gambling bananas..

This question is raised because years ago when BTC first entered my vocabulary, there were articles circulating that gov couldn't prosecute drug dealers, prostitutes ect because they were exchanging BTC instead of gov money. I'm not sure if this had changed..

I understand that nothing in the online world is safe from hacking. Put just as my money sits in PayP*l, its realtively safe. Is that true with Bitcoin.. I imagine if its not, there are programs or things you can do to provide quite a bit of safety -- if not, seems like a huge opportunity to make some cash for developers...
i think your questions were more to ease your mind than to get concrete answers. like i said in the 5Dimes thread, if you're going to let fear run your decision making then you're in the wrong business!

and of course you could be prosecuted for gambling bananas. they are "something of value" and here is the Wisconsin law.

Code Section 945.01 et seq.; 562.001 et seq. Gambling Bargain in which parties agree, dependent upon chance even though accompanied by some skill, one stands to win or lose something of value specified in the agreement.