Originally posted on 01/25/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by Manny0825 View Post
My goal is making money. So what would you recommend as a good starting unit size? And whats a good number of wagers per day? Thanks for the help.
Maybe change your goal.

If you can afford to lose a lot of money, then don't change a thing. If money is tight and you like the challenge of handicapping and get some entertainment value out of it, drop your unit size to $10. A $5 unit size to start is a better idea, but it's hard to stick to $5 bets without a ton of discipline. If you get hot, then up the unit size. But if you get cold, a small unit size won't destroy you me bankroll and take you out of the game.

Try to specialize in one sport. If youre betting basketball, stick to either NBA or college and if it's college, focus on a few conferences.

I've been working a plan where my goal is to average $15 in profit a night. This hatched because I didn't want to give back all my football profits betting on basketball, which is not my best sport. I still wanted the action until baseball starts, my favorite betting sport. I won $765 in January and should have a +$2000 bankroll once baseball starts if I can continue winning and continue the discipline of just aiming for a small profits each night.

Bet a few $5 parlays and maybe a $15 bet on your best bet. Aim for small profits each night and watch your bankroll slowly grow. It's super fun. Much better than losing.