Originally posted on 01/02/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
AR-15's aren't the problem, nor is the public ever owning a means to defends it's rights ever a problem, but i can name countless societies where mass genocide took place after the public was disarmed through history.
I waffle on this issue Recon. I own multiple AR's, handguns, shotguns, etc..... But I think right now AR's are a problem, they're thegun of choice for mass shootings. Why do you think they're not?

I don't want to see Americans disarmed, but that doesn't mean we should simply let Americans own whatever they please. Its just not safe IMO. I think we live in a day and age where owning guns no longer is what protects our liberties. Our police officers and military are armed to the hilt, AR-15's wouldn't protect us from them if they decided to commit genocide. I think its false sense of security to believe armed citizens actually protect liberties.

50-100 years ago, maybe even further back I believe it was more important because gun and ammunition technology hadn't exploded, now our guns aren't on par with police and military weapons.

Just my random, jumbled thoughts