Originally posted on 01/02/2016:

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
I'm not saying Arkansas or Ole Miss are world beaters. If we want to really look at it, Oklahoma lost to friggin' to Texas. So did Baylor. Michigan State was a play away from losing to Rutgers and Purdue for Christ's sakes and lost to Nebraska. Stanford lost to Northwestern. Ohio State nearly lost to Northern Illinois. Oregon got crushed by Utah. These are the conferences top teams losing to much lesser opponents. It happens all the time in college football....yes, even to SEC teams. Don't pretend like just because Arkansas lost to Toledo that all these conferences are cruising past competition they're supposed to be much better than.
The main difference here is that Big 12 and Big 10 people don't flood the internet wanting everyone to bow down to their conference. I say the Big 12 sucks ass all the time. The SEC is better than the Big 12. Just because my team plays in the Big 12 doesn't mean I give a shit about the league. OU plays teams OOC every year like Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, Miami, Tennessee, UCLA, etc. Hell, next year we play Ohio State. What OU does isn't effected by what the Big 12 does. Now maybe if you root for some mediocre program like Mizzou, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miss State, etc. it matters. Maybe that's why those folks root for their conference.

As for OSU, they were a middle of the road Big 12 team that lucked out by all the injuries the Big 12 sustained. My whole point is that while the Big 12 sucks, it's top 3 teams when healthy can play with just about anyone. The same can be said for the Pac-12, Big 10, and ACC.

TCU beat Ole Miss 42-3 last year, Ohio State beat Bama, and Ga. Tech blew out Miss. State. Weren't all three of those SEC #1 at some point last season???? And they all got their shit pushed in during bowl season? That's why people say the SEC gets "too" much love despite being a good conference.

Hell, Auburn was top 5 and projected to be a playoff team coming into the year and they could barely beat 1AA teams at home.