Originally posted on 11/10/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
The precedent that this will set is beyond frightening
No kidding. I don't condone racism whatsoever but it's not like the university president can control every individual that attends the university. There are always going to be a few idiots out there.

Also, all races get discriminated against but you haven't heard one story about someone that is white being a victim because that isn't on the agenda. All this crap does is further divide us.

The kid in Ferguson commits armed robbery and the attacks a police officer and people march for him in the streets and riot because "he was the victim". They blame it on race.

The kid in Baltimore had a huge rap sheet and was slanging cocaine on the streets and was hurt while resisting arrest....of course he is the victim too. They blame it on race.

The people you see rioting in the streets, stealing merchandise, and burning down their own neighborhoods really do nothing but validate some of the stereotypes out there. The sad thing is, most of these people probably don't have jobs and are living off of our tax dollars.

I'm getting off topic here but I don't think this was the right way to handle things. You're on scholarship to play football. If you don't play football, you lose your scholarship. It's that simple. I don't mind pursuing over avenues but it seemed like now the players have all of the power....when these kids get out into the real world and they don't like their boss, I would love to see them protest going to work and see what happens.