Originally posted on 11/08/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
But dont millions of non-athletes, who meet requirements, get this through financial aid and pell grants also? I hate the argument the athlete should be grateful to the university because theyre getting a free education, so are many non-athletes. I see it as the university is reaping a boatload of money from these athletes who could just as well attend college for free and not play sports. Or am I wrong about this, my job paid for my schooling so I dont know all the details.
I really don't know all the details either, they're, how shall I put it, too detailed, if I look it up it'll take me an hour to understand it all.

Here's my take, if the athletes don't like it, they don't have to take the free ride, if you are good enough, take the free ride, leave early and go pro. If you aren't good enough to go pro but you are smart, take your 140k free ride, get that free education and go 'pro' in the corporate world.

Pitino tells his kids, play here for a year, if you are pro worthy than enter the draft after your freshman year.
It's all a dirty game, schools make money, the kids make out all right if they play the game right.......