Originally posted on 11/03/2015:

Been at home for 9 days now. Seeing primary care physician Friday. Follow up with surgeon in 8 days. Got my walking up to 25 minutes a day. Should be starting physical therapy after surgeon visit. Have lost 22 pounds since surgery. Hardest part is I can't do too many things for myself. Can't lift anything over 5 pounds. Kids have to put the milk in my cereal. I have problems with chest pain, but that's going to happen after they have cut your breast plate in half. Coughing is miserable. I was hoping I could get back to work by the start of December, but it is looking like the end of the year is more realistic.

Thanks for all of the well wishes from everyone here. The doctor warned me about depression after the surgery, and I kind of brushed it off. The truth is that if it wasn't for sports handicapping, poker, and couponing, I would probably go insane while the kids are at school, and the friends are working. This website has helped act as a buffer for getting down right bored, and I am so thankful that I accidentally came across it almost 9 years ago. God bless all of you guys, and I'm looking forward to using this time off to find ways of improving my game, and making money in the future.