Originally posted on 10/13/2015:

Don't bet on the Saints here. I just listened to a number of their players talk about what the team has to do to get better and several times I heard something to the effect of "it's a short week so a lot of the things we need to get corrected we don't have time to do"... In other words, expect more of the same from them.

They rank dead last in the league against the pass at football outsiders and they are double as bad as the 31st team. Falcons are going to shred them. I'm a huge Saints fan so this isn't a homer thing.

People are talking about Payton leaving and things are starting to come unraveled. We're missing the second best player on our team, Armstead at LT and he won't play. A rookie is starting there. Colston has a separated shoulder and his career likely ended in Philiadelphia last week. That's in addition to all the other injuries and mess going on there. Saints' big surprise on D was a late round CB that has stepped up and shined this year. He's out but we don't know his status yet. Bobby Richardson who was a UFA that ended up starting this year is also hurt and possibly out.

Even with those guys this team cannot stop the pass and cannot generate any pressure. This game is going to be very uncharacteristic of NFC South matchups and the Failcons will not fail. They cover easy.

Dan Quinn has had a lot of experience dealing the Saints offense over the past five years or so. He's done a great job of slowing it down but the Saints' offense isn't what it used to be. With Brees banged up, Armstead out at LT, Colston done for the year most likely, RG jahri Evans has been hurt as well, it's a NC.

At WR we have Cooks who is 5'10", second year receiver, who hasn't played well. We have Willie Snead who was a Carolina practice squad player, who is solid, but he's a first year starter. Two other UFA's from last year in the lineup at WR. Then at TE we have a mid 30's aged TE and a youngster who hasn't seen much action because he can't beat out the average mid 30's starter. Our OL is a patchwork at this point with first year starter Lelito getting owned each and every game at LG. Our RG is Kelemete who is a solid backup but that's where he's at, solid backup. At LT the rookie Peat is starting and he has been getting put on his butt all through training camp and practice. He's looked very poor in limited action and came into camp extremely out of shape. Strief at RT is the reason Drew is hurt. He gave up I think 3 sacks against the Bucs and has looked awful this season.

Don't bet on the Saints. ATL will score and the Saints won't. That's the bottom line.