Originally posted on 09/12/2015:

LOL at Summerlin being army barracks. Wrong side of town, coach.

Cheap living. No sales tax on food. Rents are really that cheap.

I'm a pasty fukk, so I don't like the summers here either, but it's paradise for a good 8 months after that. I just leave town during the summer if possible.

People have realized where the real money is here. Nothing wrong with that. I made a really nice living as a waiter here. 6 figures some years, working less than 35 hrs/week with hot women and never the same night twice. Wanna call that dumb? Fine with me.

My vices are tame though. I try to live +EV, so gambling just doesn't happen anymore. I can't deal with somebody or something getting the best of me, call it ego, but anything more than a low-limit hold-em table to pass the time is out for me. Plenty of other things to do here, it's a fun city, you don't need to gamble at all. The suckers gamble.

The women are hot as balls, but they're garbage, and you have to always be aware of this. I have girls I date, but have never had a serious thing out here, not once. I'm into some weird shit, you gotta have at least one girl that is down with all that too so the beast can come out and play sometimes (Dexter reference). If you can nail that down, a steady chick is the last thing you need.

Drugs? No. I have a good future lined up, or at least I feel like I do, so I can't be getting in my own way right now.

Been here since 2006. Prospered. It can be done, but not if you're your own worst enemy. Then steer clear. You might die.