Originally posted on 08/13/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
Byrd was great. Now all you have to do is use your brain to put those numbers in the proper context (era, surrounding team, "age" in terms of NBA ball played, other factors) and you'll realize how great Lebron is
and using my brain and seeing how today's product is absolute garbage and how the vast majority of NBA teams don't play defense, I can honestly say that Larry Bird in this era would easily be averaging 50+ points a game without breaking a sweat and that's being on the conservative side...one of the best pure shooters in the history of the NBA...furthermore, just like MLB, with all of these expansion teams, at least 30% - 40% of today's players wouldn't have even made NBA rosters of the 80's!...Kareem, Johnson, and the Lakers...Bird, Mchale, Parrish and the Celtics...Bill Lambieer, Rodman, and the bad boy Pistons teams, Jordan and his Bulls teams, etc!...lots of great teams in the 80's - early 90s...which explains why the original 1992 dream team DESTROYED everyone in their path by 50 - 70 points!......I love all of the bullshit excuses that the total garbage network ESPN and other media outlets try to make for our US mens team when they get beat by Spain, Argentina, China, etc!......how the rest of the world has caught up to us, how every country is playing basketball now, blah, blah, blah!...no, it's because today's players stink compared to the aforementioned superstars and our level has dropped to theirs...hell, that is why half the NBA is foreign players now!...