Originally posted on 08/07/2015:

I kinda like Minny too but I fear TCU could pull away late. Minnesota has a formidable defense but they lost key guys on offense like David Cobb, and, perhaps their best player, TE Maxx Williams. Meanwhile, TCU returns virtually their entire offense from last year's prolific squad who was narrowly shut out of the BCS championship series (or playoffs, or whatever the hell they call it).

Minnesota being lackluster offensively to begin with, and now needing new playmakers to emerge, may struggle to find points. I could see them playing TCU close for a half, or three quarters, and then Boykin and company find their groove for a couple of quick scores, forcing Minny to play panicked offense and turning the ball over, allowing the frogs a late cover.

I think I like Northwestern getting double digit points at home. Stanford is not quite the team it was the past few years and taking the road for the first game of the year could be a challenge for them. The Wildcats are nothing special, but they aren't terrible either, and could easily make a game of this against the Blandford Cardinal.