Originally posted on 08/03/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by astro61200 View Post
What I don't like about non-pros is the fact that there will probably be a lot of multiple entries. There are a ton of apps that give you a legitimate phone number to get around the verification.
Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post

This ^^

This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
Sbr not commenting on non pros joining guess they don't care as long as numbers are up
Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post

Hi shaun,

There is an answer on page one:

Keep in mind that this is the most marketable contest of the year and remember that you were once a newbie to the forum too. The more successful this contest is the more exclusive Pro benefits there will be like the chance to win the $10,000 WSOP Main Event buy-in that was given away this July, and the larger the contest budget will be year-round.

I understand it's a PR move. Build up the site. I get it. This being one of SBR's most prestigious contests. The granddaddy of them all... this leaves this contest vulnerable to a sh#$load of things that could go wrong.

There's going to be a lot of PRO MEMBERS that will bust their ass week end and week out all for a NON PRO to knock them out? And how credible is this NON PRO going to be? 20 handles? 200 handles? Who really knows right?

If 50 + Non Pros CASH mysteriously this year. SBR is going to have a lot of explaining to do. Also, you're going to lose members in 2016. You don't foresee this happening? Writing is already on the wall.

Juice isn't worth the squeeze SBR. Go back to the original format.