Originally posted on 07/31/2015:

according to BFO, shields going rate seems to be -225ish now...

so, anybody who's been shying away cuzza da price who has Pinnacle...it's -190 there

TL/DR alert: minutiae related to "parlay with legs to-be-specified later "

Shields -190 is good enough to lock in 1 unit as the 1st-leg of a manually-administered 1-leg-at-a-time full-flexibility "open parlay" to which i can add as many damn legs as i want to and stop when i bloody-well want...

i honestly can't understand why anyone willingly chooses to lock themselves into a prescribed number of legs at one book (taking away your ability to shop for the best price and lock in future legs at OTHER books...and also taking away your ability to just say "uncle" when you've decided you've played enough legs)...the so called "open parlay" that many very smart cookies seem to think is such a clever facility

look: you risk 100 now to win 52.63 on Shields...if it wins, you're free to shop around for the best price at any of your books for the second leg by risking 152.63...rinse/lather/repeat until a leg (hence your informal sequential "open parlay") loses or you decide to cash it in...notice that you're not forced by having had pre-declared this an "X-leg open parlay"...leaving you free to cash in your winnings after "X-2" or "X-1" legs if you prefer...

the only time i lock in an officially-designated parlay at any one book is when the events overlap, so you can't manually fold in the "stake plus winnings" from the previous legs because it simply hasn't finished yet when the next leg starts...in this case locking in an A*B parlay allows you to play B "as if" it had started after A had finished and you were able to fold that bet (plus its gains) into B (and vice-versa, interchanging the letters)...and furthermore you can know beforehand what the prices on both legs will be (which is the one detriment of the freestyle sequential parlay i describe above and advocate generally when legs don't actually overlap in time)...in fact, if prices that I like on two sequential parlay-fodder events are available at one book now...i just might lock them together into a formal simple parlay to guarantee the price on that second leg doesn't "drift" on me...but in no case will i ever oblige myself to future "legs to be determined" by using the "X-leg open parlay"...it's "one leg at a time" straight-play or a simple "full boat, no undetermined legs" parlay for me...

#freedom_to_shop #shields_now