Originally posted on 06/01/2015:

LMAO.

Every year and this year, every week constant whining by some of the US and now world players about whatever numbers the other team has.

Just like in past where the Europe vs the rest of the world (which makes the world people now speaking up very ironic), there was a numbers imbalance, now it is with Canada.

So amusing that Bobby as usual misses the point and wants merge the US versus the world and have a 3-1 team advantage. I guess the narcissistic jingoism will not be sated until it is only US in the "world" cup, because the US is the only place that matters. Kinda missing the point on the "world" description of the event...

As far as the drop off in Canadian numbers, while I do not know how many Canadian poker players there were a few years ago, I do know there were a lot more. SBR should have and probably knew that there would not be enough Canadian poker players, simple analysis and reporting of active Canadian players should be extremely simple to do and would have shown this an an obvious outcome.

The reason for this Canadian drop off, to me is also extremely obvious to me, the continual erosion of value and the ever changing/increasing PRO renewal requirements for the non-US player is where SBR is going. Given the non-north american population is significantly bigger than the population of Canada, it stands to reason that the drop off would be less apparent.

To address this continual point about the amount of points (i.e. better players) that the US and World team have as compared to Canadian players is again flawed in statement.

To me, it is simple math that would show that the higher number of representative players will result in a higher number of cashes and also a higher number of "better" players. Therefore the representative number of higher players in the US and the World is just a basic function of the number of players in the field.

Now before people jump all over me that are math or reading comprehension challenged (heck maybe I am writing challenged), I am not saying the top US or top World players are not potentially better than the existing top Canadian players, just that it just stands to reason that with a much larger player pool, there will be more non-CDN players at the top.

There are a heck of a lot of US and World players that I think are quite good but the length of time and format of these qualifying tourneys does not always mean those players rise to the top or inversely some not as good players (insert your standard TBD and Bobby argument here) rise to the top just by shear luck and participation.

The missing point is that the intent for this series is not to pit the best players (e.g. the top 50 like was just done) against each other, it was meant to be a world cup with the best from each region against each other, nothing more.

Finally to avoid this in the future, it seems to me that SBR should do a little due diligence prior to next year's World cup and try to make teams that can be fully filled before they set what teams their are. Should be quite easy to analyze and report on. That *should* put all of the whining down to a dull roar like it always is for everything here.