Originally posted on 05/21/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
So you want to live in a system where minority rights are just gifts from the majority that can be taken away? I believe it was Ben Franklin that said a democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to eat for dinner. This is another example of the left wanting a one way street. When they're in the minority, all we hear about is minority rights. When they're in the majority, it's all about majority rule.

If it's too big, why do you keep trying to expand it?
I could give a rat ass what Ben Franklin said. The country was founded on democracy, its in our declaration of independence, Bill of Rights & Thomas Paine's common sense. Its what the people fought the British for, without it the country is based on a lie.

By the way if you want to know how the country is suppose to work read Paine's common sense. That's what inspired common people to fight the British, Ben Franklin wanted to compromise with the King.

If you mean by gifts, education, food, housing, & aid to the sick, old, children & anyone that can not help themselves to survive. I am not in favor of giving gifts to able bodied people who just don't want to work.

Another little tidbit for you: The country pays 3 times more in corporate welfare, than it does on social welfare. Talk about gifts, what about the rich just taking the gifts.

The government is to big, but cutting programs that help people is not why its to big. That just right wing propaganda.