Originally posted on 03/26/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
Sad....You nailed it too.....Have seen the exact same thing happen over and over....
Yes, PT... you are correct. I kinda say to myself... I'm not the only one who's been though this... and I won't be the last. Knowing that unfortunately everyone.... has to go through a struggle takes the pressure off. I mean... when you tell yourself it's a part of life. I guess you convince yourself it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
Wow...wish you and your dad the best
Thank you! Greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
good luck bro!...I wish you and dad the best!...
Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dfish View Post
So this half sister , is she your Dads health care proxy, or just the emergency contact ?
When me and the social worker got into this "verbal argument".... Here's exactly what happened. I waited outside her door... looks like a small janitor sized closet with no windows. She was about 5'1'' and 95 lbs... I'd say mid 50's? Immediately when I said who I was... she frowned at me. That was BS right there. She became aggressive instantly... and for what??? I said I don't understand why you don't return a damn phone call. That's exactly what I said. Then she flashed this paper in front of me... which apparently was a "Guardianship" document. Again, hard to ask questions when this woman was yelling instantly. (She was clearly pissed off that after I left her 2 voicemails and gave her 5 business days to call me back... she didn't think I would confront her.)

I don't know how this Guardianship paper was authorized? I didn't google it. I always thought Power of Attorney superscedes all documents. I thought I knew law... I mean... I trained myself... but she kept on calling me out on everything. When I said I could get power of attorney over guardianship immediately. Then she responded NO YOU CAN'T!!! I said BS. She said your father isn't mentally stable I WON'T ALLOW IT! I said who the hell are you to decide anything. Then I said what doctor diagnosed him with this "mental disorder" because he was cleared at the hospital of any disorder? She goes I'm going to ask you to leave RIGHT NOW or I'm calling the police. I said do what you have to do. I'm not leaving until I get answers. The woman never once looked me in the eye. The woman not once stood beside me... I just felt like she was giving me the run around. So, I don't know if my half sister quickly got this "Guardianship" documents done by Detroit courts? Or, this so called "social worker" has the authority to grant these docs? If she does... I have a brother and (including myself) don't you have to see what surviving sons and daughters are available before granting that doc to one person? The decision making is bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post

sounds like she has the power of attorney... tms, is she the oldest?
Yes, my half sister is the oldest out of the remaining living sons and daughters. I'm the youngest.

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
You sound like a good guy, Money, just looking out for your pops. I wish all you the best.
Thank you Gummo! It means a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
tough situation, TMS. I wish you did not give your half sister the power to call the shots. Your father probably gave that power to you with good reason. Hopefully this all works out.
Thanks JP! I appreciate the post man. Yep, I only gave my half sister control because she gave me this sob story on the phone. "Why was I left out? (Cry cry, tear tear.)" I also felt that a daughter would take care of her father better. What a damn disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
Pray, Money... Give it to God and let Him work out the situation. Don't work yourself up, and don't go to jail for some dumb stuff.
Thank you! Yes, my Dad is a religious man as well and he doesn't like confrontation. In a way... I'm just shocked that fate just turns on one day? My dad was 100% living independently... driving everywhere... I was helping him with his bills. Just making sure they were paid on time. He trusted me with everything. I just wanted him to live free. That's how he always lived his entire life... free and independent. That's just how his spirit is... now he is in a place where the meals are very small... and they served him burnt refried beans... looked like he got the dose from the bottom of the pot... and he continued to eat it. And all I want him to do is to eat well. They don't serve good food there. My dad never liked sweet things... like cookies... or ice cream. The oddest thing is... the best food there is ice cream and cookies. And he guzzled down that food so quickly... and then he said.. "best cookie I ever had." I just shook my head... I said something is so wrong here.

I will try to have composure and make the best decisions. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
family is the toughest to deal with...you cant pick them. BOL with the situation Money
Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
Drive your ass over there and take him home. It ain't a prison. They can't keep him there. Good luck.
Yes, I had a few friends tell me that... and you are correct... you should be able to take your loved ones anywhere at anytime. I thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by smokenjoke View Post
If you really would like to make decisions for your pops I highly suggest you get the power of attorney in order to speak and make decisions (medically/monetary) for your father. I believe you don't need a lawyer, but I'm not sure cause different laws apply by state. You might just need your pops and you present plus a state licensed notary public which you'll most likely have to pay to write up paper work and sign off.
Then you can make the best decision for you father in all medical aspects!!! Best bet is to look into it cause if they evaluated him & decided he's incompetent to make proper decisions they have to contact the P.O.A. first to get permission to do such an evaluation. As P.O.A. you are the agent speaking for/as him and no one can over rule his/your decision on his wishes. Good Luck and all the best!!!
Thank you for your post! I was all ready for the Power of Attorney papers... they were already drawn up weeks ago. Way before this altercation on Tuesday.... I gave my Dad plenty of time to think things through. He wanted to think about it first. I had the papers drawn up at the hospital actually. My Dad didn't want to sign. Which I understand... he's very independent. He does the ordering... you know? lol And when you're old... you never say die. You never give up that power. And most people (including my dad) don't really understand what the papers represent. So, you're afraid to sign. You know it gives up control... and most don't want to do it.

Now, since this social worker has declared my dad "mentally incapable" I can't have him sign. It's invalid. It really sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by firstclass View Post
money makes people into devils ,even family members.. its a shame whats happened. i would call your sister and tell her he wants to come home. he should be able to decide. then ask her if no money was involved,,,would she be involved?
You are 100% correct. And my sister is very wealthy already. I'll explain the story below.

Quote Originally Posted by recon1 View Post
First find out if the Social worker is working for the County or is she directly employed by the facility. If by County she can't trespass you unless owners of facility either do it or they've given Social worker that authority.
Should not have signed over matters to your Sister. Not trying to be an ass, but it's the truth.
You getting your Dad's regular Doctor to check him could work. Just make sure the facility Doctor's and your dad's regular Doctor aren't checking him too early in morning before he's had time to get coffee and something to eat. Before he gets checked by any Doctor for purposes of getting out of facility make sure he gets an oxygen treatment and oxygen level checked. All about that Oxygen
Thanks for the post! Yes, this social worker... works for the rehab facility. She's licensed and makes all decisions for the establishment. She's 100% in control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Edit: I misread the entire post. Thought the social worker was your sister.

All social workers are simply pissed off because they have a 4 year degree and make 22k/year. They take it out on people like you. Be careful though as everything you say and every little event like this last one, she'll document and it will go in a record and could hinder you going forward, depending on how involved you want to be in your fathers care.

Anyways, hope she gets kidnapped by ISIS tonigt and then they can do whatever it is they do to her.
Thanks for the post Krak Even when the police were dispatched and doing their closing reports. One officer came up to me... she was female... and she was talking to me... she goes... this appears as though this escalated for no reason? We received your statement... and the social worker's statement... and 3 witnesses... they all said the social worker came on aggressive towards you. I said... yes that's exactly what happened. The woman refused to talk to me. Also, my dad's nurse (who was male... and a real nice guy)... came up to me afterwards and said.. I'm sorry this happened.. she's (the social worker) does this to everyone. My take on that is... some employees are unhappy about her ordering them around. The woman isn't consistent. She's way too aggressive. She doesn't get all the facts first... I still feel she made a wrong choice.

So about my half sister? She lives in a 600k home. She has her own street. From what people have told me.... (which I've never been to her home nor do I care) she has real "gas flames" used as nightlights. You know... like a porch light? So, she has money. How did this happen? I'll explain....

I was little when this happen... maybe I was 7 or 8 years old. Perhaps around 1984-1985 My half sister's husband was a hard working man. Seemed like a very nice guy... one day... he came home and said hey honey... I purchased life insurance! I got a real great deal! She responded... WE DON'T NEED THAT!!! Why the hell did you do that for? I'm sure he felt horrible being yelled at.

Then, one of our famous news anchorman in Detroit... named Bill Bonds on channel 7 news... we have breaking news... The Detroit Police department lost a convict. He is currently running lose in Detroit... we will have more details as they become available. That day... my half sister's husband happened to be in Detroit.. for unknown reasons. He was at a light waiting for it to turn green... and was going to head on the on ramp I-94 leaving the city. Before the light turned Green... a escaped convict opened the passenger door of his car.. kicked him in the forehead... he was out cold. Placed his body on the passenger floorboard... (cars had huge floorboards back then) and continued to drive with his car. Detroit Police realized he stole a car... didn't realize my sister's husband's body was laying on that floorboard. The pursuit ensued... high speeds at around 80+ miles an hour. I believe the pursuit ended in or near the city of Melvindale... the convict smashed into a vidock (you know when a train passes above a road)... he smashed it head on. The escaped convict was crippled from the waist down... my half sister's husband was dead. They don't know if the foot to the forehead caused the death.... or the impact on collision. He died and left behind a 2 year old son and wife.

Later, I believe my half sister was happy with the "life insurance" amount... but someone gave her an idea to sue the City of Detroit... for being negligent in the death of her husband. Stating... the high speed chase caused the death. And wasn't necessary. There was a full trial.... and she won. I don't know the exact amount... but most of it was for his/her 2 year old son. He would receive all of the money on his 18th birthday. It was a trust fund. (If you are curious... only 2 life insurance payments were made before his death. Yes, only 2 months.)

The woman... literally... has never worked a day in her life. She doesn't know what it's like to grind out a day. She has manipulated men after her husband. Looking for business owners who make $$$$$$$$$. She refuses to marry any of them. There's reasons for that.

And she told me 4 weeks ago.... "I don't know about you... but I don't have time to sit around and watch DAD wheel himself around my house." And I replied... "I would love to have Dad at my house." She said... no.. it's not going to happen. Then I said... I want him at your house... or mine... not an old folks home.

As you can clearly see what happened after that...