Originally posted on 03/23/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
that changes everything

I also voted Obama in '08...didn't vote in '12 at all though, because I wasn't in US long enough during that and previous years to follow closely every candidate.
Barack inherited a total mess of a country as far as the economy goes and he did save America from one of the biggest financial disasters of all times - I'll give him that...but after that, especially during his 2nd term, I'm not exactly sure WTF did he do to make lives of average Americans better and safer.
I was guilty in 08 as well, but learned better in '12

Thankfully, it really doesn't take much time these days to figure out who to vote for; applying a "Does this person support freedom?" test disqualifies most candidates real quickly

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
Too bad it's about 150 years out of date..

If you really think your puny firearms will protect you from gov then man o man you as gullible as those whose imaginations lead them believe there exists a heaven/hell...

Can really see your shotguns stopping an military attack (look at boston. Dont think they wouldnt do it)...
No expiration date on the Constitution, and while it should definitely be updated, it contains processes to do it. The sad truth is people would rather subject others (and ultimately themselves) to the tyrannies of bare majorities and "re-interpret" the Constitution instead of changing it.

As for firearms protecting citizens from governments...I can think of a couple examples in recent history in which small groups of individuals caused (and continue to cause) a disproportionate amount of trouble for the largest military in the world. Those groups might not be winning in the conventional sense, but their resistance (and the fact that our continued misguided attempts to enforce our will ends up with us spending massive amounts of $$ we don't have) negatively affects not only our ability to fight, but our stability as a country. A citizenry armed even with infantry weapons serves as a check on any military that is looking to enforce it's will on a population.