Originally posted on 03/14/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
Just when you thought MSNBC's talent pool couldn't get anymore ignorant to reality. Today Ed gave us his fix to the problems of areas like Ferguson and other poor inner city communities....immediate infusion of federal dollars to give them jobs (remember yiu have to have a standing business to employ people...what few businesses were there were burned down) and wait for it...disarm the white police who patrol black inner city areas...yes he said it...white police in gang areas on night patrol can only carry a night stick.

Perhaps they could make the banks self serve. First come...first serve. It would cut down on violence. Imagine, if the police did not respond to 911 calls...there would be no "officer involved shootings". Clearly the bulk of the problems are "other people"...personal responsibility and maintaining societal norms will not help at all. It is just to hard to follow the "do unto others".... rule that most people adhere to. Unfortunately we live in a "me first, me always, everyone else is the cause of my problems, when is someone going to do more for me culture". We function as a free society ONLY because people CHOOSE to adhere to basic principles of personal responsibility. When these generally accepted principles no longer are the "norm" in the population, we get chaos, confusion, death and destruction. Left unchecked there is a cleansing of sorts....the trouble making, malcontent psychopathic individuals or groups kill each other. You can clearly see this is a major problem in Ferguson. This past weeks events highlight this. People in positions of authority resign and "protesters" shoot at police? No amount of money cures these degenerates. Why no outrage at those who clearly are sabotaging this fragile peace? People in Ferguson cannot have it both ways. You cannot be a victim and harbor belligerents at the same time. Accept your part in this or any situation and then and only then can there be meaningful progress. The law enforcement community has begun a purge. Now it's time to purge the streets of the few criminals that continue to incite violence. Only the citizens of Ferguson can do this part. Will they?