Originally posted on 03/05/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
Lets say you owned a site about sportsbetting and invested in some poker software to help promote it as a sideline.

You throw 10s of thousands of dollars in prizes each year into it for several years. But there is almost no positive feedback or growth and pretty much every single day there is not just posts criticizing it but down right angry abusive posts accusing you of cheating people and being incompetent over small glitches and you don't see people talking it up or recommending it outside your site.

Do you keep investing in this promotion or not?

I know you guys who complain would not do it if you did not care and want SBR Poker to be better and bigger but I've had the sense for a while now that the people who want it be here the most seem to do the most work at trying to kill the whole thing off.

Just sayin...
Lets say you frequent a sports betting site that decides to offer poker.

You do your best to support the site playing as much as possible and even recommend it to other players you know. You see a few issues with the software and how the games are administered so decide to go on the forum and bring those up, but are constantly ignored by the site. You even get confused calls from friends you've referred asking wth is wrong with you for wasting time on this site that ignores the players and very basic concepts of running poker games.

Then, after years of support, the site makes sweeping changes to the games that anyone remotely aware of poker could see that the new format will do nothing but hurt the games even more. You and quite a few other posters bring up these issues and guess what? Once again ignored by the site.

Would you keep investing time into a site that treats its players that way?

Seems pretty obvious to me SBR was bleeding points and decided to change things up to prevent that. More power to them, their site and call, but its shitty to treat the players like idiots and not at least acknowledge it. Instead, lets start a new series promoting "skill vs luck" that really has nothing to do with skill and a grand prize of a 20% staking agreement?

Treat the players with some respect and the poker side would grow. Treat them with disrespect and this is what happens.