Originally posted on 02/10/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Cash View Post
As far as daily games go, do you find daily fantasy baseball easier or harder than football? This fall was the first time I've dabbled in the daily games.
Funny you should bring that up.
I was strictly baseball guy my whole life.
It took me 4 years to develop a winning strategy, mind you I have been doing baseball now since the beginning of time.
I put in all the homework, you have to, so after awhile baseball became second nature to me, 1) I am obscessed with baseball 2) I am a numbers geek who enjoys crunching numbers.

I digress, 2 years ago, there is a big cash season long, 12 team fantasy league run by my boss and his/my buddies.
I know NFL, I love NFL, but never did the fantasy thing.
Commisioner of the football league J.P says to me "we have an opening this year (which is rare) you want in?"
I was like "I don't know fantasy football" JP says to me "I hear you own and crush baseball" I'm like all modest "well kind of" JP says to me, "NFL is 100 times easier"
I read the scoring system, easy to grasp, I'm like "OK, PPR, backs get bonus points for receptions, I fall in love with guys like Forte who do it game in and game out" Draft Forte that year 1st round, 2nd round I get best available wide out Julio Jones, back to the best available back that catches passes, long story short, I break the league record for most consecurtive wins, win the regular season, lose in the finals, but still make nice bank.....

Point being, football is so much easier than basses on a daily, weekly or regular season.
Even though baseball is more consistant, there are a shitload more players that are relevant you have to know about.
Football all you need to know is defensive units, WR, TE, RB, QB, and a few kickers

Baseball you have to know every positon player (8) of every team (30).
Starters (5) of every team (30) and all 30 closers.
If you love baseball, have a passion for it, it's the most rewarding, but the most difficult in fantasy success.