Originally posted on 01/12/2015:

He didn't catch it, Then take 3 independent steps. He caught it and got his feet down in bounds as he fell to the ground. I've seen this many times, usually the guy is falling out of bounds. Even out of bounds, if the ball is lost going to the ground, it's not a catch. Honestly you're trying to use extremely loose definitions to try and make a case for this being a catch. The NFL has been quite clear on this. They want demonstrated control throughout the process to determine a catch.

This honestly isn't close to a catch by the rules. I hate the rules, I think that should be a catch and am tired of watching games and seeing catches that shouldn't along with catches that should. But based on the rules this is not a catch.

This happens multiple times every game. The guy is falling out of bounds and gets 2 or more feet in. If he drops the ball going to the ground, it's no catch. It's actually shocking to me that guys can watch the NFL all season and not understand this. The rules aren't applied differently because of the magnitude of the play.