Originally posted on 12/05/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Please elaborate on this clause, as the 50 max field should be all set prior to 11am. Is there preferred seating for the first 36 players to arrive? Basically is there any advantage in being seated at 10:30am, opposed to players 37-50 being seated at 10:50am? Nice tourney.

What is the local time of Superbowl kickoff? I assume the poker tourney will be wrapped up prior to kickoff?
Hi bobbywaves,

Good questions.

The tournament starts at 11:00AM local time with 36 SBR posters across 4 tables. I think it's a lot like having late registrations as is done with some MTTs. Bash history suggests 5 or 6 posters will have been up all night partying and miss the tourney, so most likely there will be a few guys who start a few minutes later as the field gets smaller. Basically the reason the format is that way is that the hotel can only accommodate 36 seats when the tourney starts. They say additional tables cannot be added citing government safety regulations.

The poker tournament will definitely be wrapped up well before Super Bowl kicks off. We have the poker room from 11am to 2:30pm, which in ET is 10am to 1:30pm, I don't recall a bash tourney running longer than that and the field may be a little smaller this year so there should be at least around 4 and a half or 5 hours before the big game starts. We will post the full itinerary and dates/times soon.