Originally posted on 11/15/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
Hey Douglas... your Leaderboard posting this morning reminded me of another suggestion (thanks for the posting, poker peeps appreciate timely updates.).

SUGGESTION: There has never been any incentive to place high on these leaderboards... one just has to qualify in these various SBR poker contests. In this current one, placing 45th is every bit as good as placing 1st. Simply doesn't matter (outside of pts won in tourney, o'course). So no need for the "hoopla" shtick, unless something tangible to be acquired is present.

SBR should incentivize at the very least... TOP 3; doesn't have to be extravagant, maybe some FP's even? Special Sit n Go tourney for TOP 9, perhaps? Other things easily brainstormed. Incentivize WHERE you place on LB and it will create far more excitement & buzz, i.e., help in the *growing* of SBR poker... which should be the ultimate goal.

RUN WITH THIS GEM, DOUGLAS, AND GET ER DONE!
Great idea. I think Jake received something for finishing first overall in tournament points last year after inquiring about it (not that it necessarily applies here). But, it would be even nicer if they dished out a little something for players who place highly in these smaller 1-4 month formats. Like you mentioned, doesn't have to be anything huge. Just more reason to play the dailies when you are already a lock to qualify for the big one.

Not that it matters so much to me this time as I'm running colder than the moon.