Originally posted on 11/10/2014:

A very small card for today, no bets over 1 unit (to win $100 on -odds and to wager $100 on +odds). This go-around will be a little different. Wagers in the past were always 1-3 units but this season I will be using 1, 2, 3 or 5 units (5 units are going to be measured as 'POD's'). POD's may come around once or week or you may see three in one day.....all depending on the strength of any one pick.

On to today:

273315256-1 11/10/14 1:35pm $105.00 $100.00 Pending 11/10/14 7:05pm Reduced Basketball 701 New Orleans Pelicans/Cleveland Cavaliers Under 202½ -105*
273315256-2 11/10/14 1:35pm $105.00 $100.00 Pending 11/10/14 7:05pm Reduced Basketball 704 Indiana Pacers -2½ -105* vs Utah Jazz
273315256-3 11/10/14 1:35pm $105.00 $100.00 Pending 11/10/14 7:35pm Reduced Basketball 705 Atlanta Hawks -1½ -105* vs New York Knicks
273315256-4 11/10/14 1:35pm $115.00 $100.00 Pending 11/10/14 7:05pm Reduced Hockey 54 Carolina Hurricanes -115* vs Calgary Flames

NO Pelicans - Cleveland Cavs - Where I think the line should be - 197.5

The Cavs have averaged 200 points total in their 5 games, but this is being pulled up substantially by their last game Friday night in Denver where there were 211 points scored. As everyone knows the Cavs are going through changes here, Lebron is bringing the ball up and they are going to try Kyrie more like a SG. This is going to take some time to adjust to....Kyrie likes having the ball in his hands and while Lebron is a good distributor he will lose some of his effectiveness that he has when playing off of the ball. Poor Lebron, right? I am shocked that Kyrie hasn't made better adjustments already.

What will this mean? I believe that we will still see growing pains here. Denver's D is almost as bad as Philly's, don't let the 110 points fool you, this team will have a tough time scoring tonight.

On the other end we will see Anthony Davis, who is continuing to improve in all facets of the game. He is going to be a handful for the Cavs to defend, BUT with Varajo and Love on Davis early and Lebron on him late, I believe that the Cavs will be able to hold him in check. Will he get his 25? Probably....but I don't think he will go off here big time. While Evans and Holiday also continue to improve, Asik has not settled in and isn't creating a lot of offense.

Prediction - Both teams will be playing hard tonight....even with MNF this game will be watched across the nation. The Cavs are going to be going balls out to win this game and Davis is going to want to prove he is one of the next great talents. Lebron is hyper-aware that everyone is watching and they are feeling the pressure. I see a hard fought 93-89 Cavs win here.

Calgary Flames - Carolina Hurricanes - The first thing anyone who is looking at this game will notice is that we are seeing RLM. The public likes the Flames here and yet the line has moved the opposite way. Why is that? Chances are the books have seen some significant wagers come in on the Hurricanes.

Calgary has been playing well, with Johnny Hockey (8 points in his last 6) and Sean Monohan (7 in his last 5) putting up some great numbers and Mark Giordano rocketing his way into the discussion of 'best d-man in the league'. Add to that depth scoring, great goaltender play and a fun brand of hockey to watch and you have a team that the public is finally starting to identify with.

Now, where is the problem? Calgary seems like the obvious bet? Not on your life.

The Carolina Hurricanes have finally figured things out. 4-0-1 in their last 5 they have finally put it together and frankly, I am not surprised in the least. If you read Rocket's thread you can look back a week and a half or so and you will find a post where I was saying that Carolina is going to be a great money maker. This team is not Buffalo....they have serious talent, they are well coached and they will challenge for a playoff spot in the East. Sekera is fantastic, Faulk is young and getting better, Lindholm is improving fast, Skinner is back on track and the Canes have better depth scoring and are at home, which does matter people.

If you were lucky/smart/cool enough to grab the Hurricanes last night at + money you are better than me....I admit it, I am a lazy capper. I live on the West Coast and I like to make my plays in the morning...can this cost me? Sure....but it is what it is.

Prediction - Carolina takes care of business here, and it may not even be close....I am thinking 5-2 here.

Good luck everyone, and it feels good to be back.

​D2D