Originally posted on 11/10/2014:

First off I have to say that my original post didn't really come out of frustration because of my thread, it was more a reaction to reading other threads full of total crap.

Over my two years here at SBR I have had amazing times and tough times, I have posted a lot of insight and I have posted a lot of crap, I throw up the odd video because I find I enjoy it, I enjoy commiserating with other guys when we take a tough beat and frankly (at least I admit this where other's won't) I like being recognized for good play. I have probably posted more about my real life that others have and sometimes that has leaved people off and sometimes people have accused me of being braggadocios....BUT, I find that having this outlet has been a tremendous help from time to time. There are days when I read things that I have written and see them from a different angle....writing can be very rewarding and where else could I find an outlet like this? I probably couldn't.

Now, on to more important things....the reactions that I received.

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
D2D, I can relate. They don't like winners around here

congrats on the monster night man
Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by lividrat View Post
Keep posting I'm just tailing in silence usually when the unnoticed guys like yourself get hot get followers then one bad week everyone bashes him for being a fraud then the dude leaves like all the one hit wonders have. Keep posting up bro. Tomorrow we hit it pretty boy Floyd style
Agreed. I have seen this before and this mirrors exactly how I felt. Three separate times I have started lengthy threads and all three times were extremely profitable....and then I had a few days of crap and the trolls came out in force and the people that had been tailing for the most part turned. I also would have a TON of people saying that they would miss my good picks and only catch the losers....like they were blaming me. For every one of those guys there must have been more only catching the winners....variance, right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FreddDS View Post
Been following silently as well, but I'll be more than happy to come out publicly and give you your credit. You've been killing it lately, and have been one of my favorite guys to follow every day. Thank you for everything you do, it is appreciated. Keep it up!
Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by badgerguy View Post
Excellent day D2D! As the poster above mentioned, I usually tail in silence. I am not here to bust balls either. If you search hard enough you can find the good posters like yourself. I think it's good that the drama stays out of this thread!

Keep up the great work and as always thanks for giving out your picks. Cheers.
I would like to see some more of you guys coming out here and there. Sometimes it feels like I am not posting for any specific reason....if I know that you guys are around I am less likely to say 'fukk it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
Don't let it get it to you Dollar. Degens love to see others fail and the amount of egos around this place is damn near unbearable. People calling themselves geniuses, spitting on other peoples opinions, sadly even people cheering on poor bankroll management/wagering styles etc, only posting to berate losers etc.

My advice is to take it in small doses, take breaks, or you may need to assess what your goals are here. Maybe posting in the subforums under specific sports could help. The reason why you see less and less writeups is because of the toxic atmosphere around here.

To be honest I doubt you would find it different anywhere else. If you can learn to just take this place at face value maybe you could quietly enjoy your wagering with some small talk here and there. Just my thoughts, I hope you don't think I was being rude in your life post, I just posted what I read it as. No hard feelings
Thanks, probably a good idea. I used to write a lot about bankroll management and how to build a bankroll, strategies, variance, etc....but the last year I have sort of given up.

Quote Originally Posted by herbi View Post
Congrats my friend, keep doing great job..

And please don't care trolls.. you are strong enough to do that.

And don't leave us alone here.. keep growing steadily and a huge crowd following you here.. major of them silently..
Cheers bud

Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan8 View Post
Like others have mentioned, I also tail you in silence. I know I'm relatively new around here, so maybe my thoughts offer fresh perspective that is different from others.

Some observations:
- You are one of the best cappers on this site, consistently posting winners across multiple sports.
- You didn't post in this thread for a few weeks, but you still had people posting here asking for your opinion.
- A lot of the forum traffic here is unproductive. Those unproductive posts would just clutter up your thread. Not having pages of posts doesn't mean that people aren't reading your thread.
- You are asking for discussion, but you posted your picks with no discussion yourself. In addition, you posted 10 min before the first NFL games. For a thread that's been dormant for a while, it's relatively hard to generate good discussion a few minutes before kickoff.

You're a good dude and a great capper. I think Razzer pretty much hit the nail on the head on his post. As someone who's just starting to learn how to cap, I hope you don't stop posting but I do hope you find more of what you're looking for.

Keep up the awesome work D2D.
BOOM. Very important note. I am one to always try and see my 'leaks' whether we are talking life, poker, sports betting, etc.....and I hadn't realized how little I am posting in the way of actual sports talk. Maybe this is part of the issue? I used to post a ton of thoughts on games and gave reasons why I was leaning in certain directions. I will do my best to do that again.....thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post

relax baby. you're making money, be happy and keep on posting.
Lol, yes....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Gump 334 View Post
nice hit DD! I tailed all of your picks and now my account is on overload. thanks for the picks!
Cheers man, it was a great weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by radostin.dimi View Post
Nice job Dollars!
Thanks bud, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jayboy300 View Post
i've tailed past few times here and there. keep it up man
Thanks, I will do my best.

Quote Originally Posted by stw13 View Post
good job

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
I appreciate your time and plays. Keep it up. And thank you.
Will do man

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
We love you pappy!!
XO

Quote Originally Posted by Kankerganker View Post
sick picks yesterday!!! missed the early ones, but still cashed well, thank you

I pretty much only check SBR to see "is dollars posting picks?"

I can understand why you dont feel like doing it, with people like GTmegatron, or whatever his name is, consistently giving you shit EVERY time you lose a single bet.
I wonder why noone at SBR does anything about it, seems logical to me that winning posters are good for the site? heck people pay for picks that arent as good as yours..

In one of your previous stints of posting you did a thing where you asked EVERYONE in the thread to simply stop replying to trolls in the thread. If i recall correctly that worked pretty well for a while, maybe should try that again?

anyway, i hope to see more picks from you! not only have they made me good money, but enjoyed the long posts/videos youve made from time to time.

BOL
Good idea....not only about trolls, but the general antipathy when it comes to sports betting. Honestly, it is easy to start to feel that this site is entertainment only....I would like sports betting first, entertainment second.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
Im a fan and believer ..... I use you to check my thoughts on the game , I don't just tail anyone blindly but you my friend are sharp when you need to be and square when you have to be ...you're my favorite source to go to on this board and check myself or to get a winner when I need one .. Im just quiet about it ...until now keep it up ...... So let me ask ya , are you feeling the Eagles with Sanchez tonight at home ? I'm kinda leaning that way ..... What do you got Donuts tonight ?
Thanks for checking in. As for the Eagles I think Sanchez is going to play well tonight....but I am not sure if they cover. If I had to make any play here I would fade the public and play the over....looking for a 54+ point game here IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
D...c'mon dude..why would you stop posting?
You know that behind the scenes a lot of people recognize and appreciate your work.
You're one of the hottest cappers here right now and believe me - people noticed that around here.

There are plenty of users on this site who I'm sure benefit plenty from your work, but also some of them prefer to say very little, just because they don't feel as comfortable as you and I to conversate with strangers on the internet.

I would chip in more in to your thread, but I know absolutely nothing about amer. football and basketball. And we already cover hockey plenty in other threads.

Continue to do what you do pal and stay positive
Thanks my friend....I never actually talked about quitting...yesterday just had me thinking that maybe SBR wasn't the best choice....that maybe I could find a better outlet somewhere else....like on a ballet board, a poetry board or maybe a painting board....but to be honest the reaction that I got has been good. Now maybe you should just start listening to me about the Canucks....I know that team better than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by amarius87 View Post
awesome! im looking at your picks in other sports daily as well, espeically those MAJOR plays!
Thanks....those plays are basically my POD, which people that have been around for a while will recognize. I believe that my POD picks last year went somewhere around 55-25 (around 70%) for + I have no idea how much cash. Stopped posting them when I stopped posting all of my regular plays a while back. They may be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by JKosack7 View Post
I simply do not post on here because I only tail others, but hell you have been nothing but a stand up guy with some fantastic picks. BOL and Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dclown007 View Post
I Think To Have A Thread With over 200k Views and No BS Going ON in here would mean you're doing something right..
I Just happened across this yesterday.... Missed All The Picks But Your Run Is Pretty Sick
That is true....there have been ups and downs. I posted yesterday on the thread for the first time in quite a while....no real reason for anyone to check in. the last while I have been posting in individual threads, but I don't like that nearly as much. For a losing bettor it is better because you can hide your losses, but for a winner it sucks because the wins just kind of fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgambler View Post
You are spot on D2D. This site is full blowhards who run amok b/c of their miserable personal lives; I pretty much stop coming here as it turned out to be mostly a waste of my time; plus all that negativity seems to bring bad mojo. Anyway, I hope you will start posting your plays regularly again and I am sure the silent "normal" majority would appreciate that a lot. GL. And please just ignore/censor the trolls right away.

PS It would be great if you could share your reasoning for a play or two each day. Learning is almost as much fun as winning.
I will do this. Thank you for the input. This is my bad....I want input I better give some analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by gregmav1 View Post

+1 for analysis. It's hard for me to blindly tail on a bunch of random teams and numbers, having some background knowledge and reasoning is nice. And yeah, fun.
Makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^
Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post

NIce hit on the 8-0 brother.
Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Winning oasis View Post

THIS exactly - little attention to keep the train rolling forward.
Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
D2D....I would be glad to start trolling you on the reg if you would like it.

Gotta be honest though....I'm not convinced you're mentally tough enough to handle it. I'm afraid you might take a header from the balcony of that 1 bedroom loft you got.

Your call, Ace.
You stupid fukk.....you are already trolling me on the above-mentioned poetry site that I am trying out...leave me alone here!

Where is my video??

Quote Originally Posted by twestacott View Post
Great work Dollar. Have followed you from way back when I first joined SBR and always look to your picks and analysis to help identify strong plays and/or confirm if there might be something I have missed when I like a play.

Thanks for all the work you put in.
Thanks man, much appreciated.

OK folks....one last thing before I sign out....

To those of you that PM'd me, I thought about posting a few of them and then realized that it may be better to not. That was pretty cool....a ton of great support, I truly had no idea there were so many people out there (most of whom who have very few posts to their credit but messaged me anyway) checking things out on a regular basis. That is very encouraging....very.

Lastly, yesterday was a nice day to start posting to the thread again....8-0 is a nice start, although the dollar amounts were not as high. I won't be adding any of my individual thread totals to this thread, because they were not posted here (even though the record and the +$ has been amazing the last few weeks). I am going to do a few things.....

- post games each and every day
- keep an accurate record (as always when in one of my threads)
- provide analysis of at least one game, and possibly more if I have the time.

I am getting excited about being back on the thread....cheers boys, and thanks.

D2D