Originally posted on 10/20/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by marzwoody View Post
Glover has one of the best takedown defence in the division. you know how Rumble beat Davis? he walked forward and threw more then the one jab and kick Davis throws every fight. its called pressure and mixing it up. you obviously can't see how good Glover really is.

Glover has one of the best takedown defence in the division
What are you basing this on though? the one sloppy take down he stuffed from Bader in the first? or the half hearted Take down he stuffed of Jones in the first round? Not trying to be a dick to you but tell me the fight of Glovers that I should watch that demonstrates that Glover has really good TDD? because I couldn't find it.

you know how Rumble beat Davis? he walked forward and threw more then the one jab and kick Davis throws every fight
You are over simplifying things Johnson was able to scare off Davis with his power and was able to punish Davis when he did try to take him down until the fight became a kick boxing match that Johnson got the better of. Glover would need the wrestling and athleticism of a Rashad Evans or Anthony Johnson to implement the same game plan and I haven't seen any evidence to make me believe he does.

you obviously can't see how good Glover really is.
Just tell me the fight of Glovers that best demonstrates the qualities needed to beat Davis? I have re-watched a ton of Glover and Davis fights and I haven't seen this elite TDD you seem to believe that Glover has. I can't say that it doesn't exist for certain but I think it's daft to assume he does when he hasn't demonstrated it before.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything so if you want to bet on Glover go for it , but to me there is enough reasons to bet Davis at this price

* Glover is getting near the end of his athletic prime (turns 35 this month)
* Glover is training at a pissy ATT affiliate for this camp not a large ATT with elite wrestlers but the pissy ATT down the road from him (complacent much?)
* Davis is much more athletic and faster than Glover . The 2 guys who have given Davis problems were highly athletic wrestlers Glover is way too plodding to be effective against Davis IMO.
* Davis will have a 3 inch reach advantage in this fight.
* Glover will have the Home town advantage but Davis has been successful in all his trips to Brazil and has stated that he doesn't mind fighting there at all , also both guys live in the US so both will have to deal with jet lag etc.
* Title Shot hangover - This is a matter of opinion really. I never bet on anyone coming off a title shot loss especially at over -300. I think a lot of the time motivation can wane especially after reaching the top and getting beat down by the superior fighter.

I think that Davis will hang with Glover on the feet and will secure enough take downs to swing the decision in his favour